Monday, September 6, 2010

Winding Down...

Well, this is it. My last night of summer. This one statement holds so many emotions. In less than 10 hours I will get to meet my new students and hug my old ones. I will have the privilege of working alongside my staff to create a supportive and welcoming learning environment for the families of B.C.S. I will get to sharpen my first pencils of the year, write out the day's schedule on the white board, and walk down hallways filled with anticipation and excitement. But....

Although I am extremely excited to start the new year, I am also a little bit sad that my days of freedom and creativity are ending. This summer has been such a blessing, and a big part of me is sorry to see it go. I am SO thankful for the time I had to slow down, finish projects, connect with friends, and spend time at home. So, as a tribute to moving on, to going back to work and a schedule, I wanted to take time to reflect on what I loved most about my summer and praise God for the time He gave me to rest.

Things I loved and will miss...
  • sleeping in
  • reading and tanning in the sunshine
  • eating breakfast and doing my quiet time at the same time, for as long as I wanted
  • running with Taylor and cuddling with Toby
  • visiting and spending good time with friends
  • picking fruit and canning for the first time
  • shopping garage sales the whole summer
  • finishing so many projects
  • seeing family
  • spending quality time with Taylor on the East Coast
  • meeting and photographing new brides and grooms
  • hiking the Tatoosh Ridge with friends
Thank you God for such a glorious summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment