Thursday, December 2, 2010

23 Days Until Christmas!

Taylor and I spent last Sunday decorating for Christmas.  After six years of doing this I feel like we finally had a successful operation!  This year, instead of going to a tree farm in Bellingham minutes after they close, leading to us hurriedly stumbling around in the dark trying to feel our way to the perfect tree, and then me forcing Taylor to shove his nose to the ground and chop it down with our blunt saw, and of course forgetting twine to tie it to the top of the car so instead deciding to shove it inside the backseat leading to a sappy mess everywhere, we cut down a tree in Centralia and lugged it all the way up the I-5 corridor.  Much better!  Also, we have a holly tree across the street in the empty lot, and every year I cut a bunch and make a wreath to go around the advent candles on the dining room table.  If you've ever tried to make a wreath out of pokey holly you would probably never do it again.  Not me.  Every year I stuck it out and made that darn wreath because it was so Christmas-y.  This year, I have an unfinished puzzle on my table (yes, this is still the same puzzle from before Halloween).  Since there is no room on the table I bagged the idea of making a wreath and instead just put sprigs of holly all over my house in random places.  Genius!  It took all of five minutes and my fingers are oh so thankful!









2 comments:

  1. Mindy! The holly looks awesome - not to mention all the adorable decorations, nice work!! I love the red ornament balls on the window panes; always my favorite!!

    And I'm so glad you mentioned the puzzle, I was actually just wondering last night if you finished it!! (I was, at that moment, buying a Norman Rockwell puzzle for $.99 at GoodWill.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Mindy! Love your decorations and especially the front door!!

    ReplyDelete